Being the coffee nerd that I am, I figured my first post would be about coffee and breakfast! (The best part of the day)
Alright, so my all time favorite coffee is New Harvest- based out of Pawtucket, Rhode Island. This picture shows the Winter Blend, which was awesome, but my favorite is the Café Marika, a bolder roast with notes of caramel, cocoa, and honey. Recently, I ordered the “SojoMojoe Blend” which celebrates Sojourner House’s legacy, and donates a percentage of proceeds goes to ending domestic violence. (Ummm hell yeah!)
Anyways, so this amazing vegan banana bread is super easy to make, and will definitely last you the week, if your more of a light breakfast kind of person.
- ¼ c plain, unsweetened vegan milk (I use cashew milk b/c its what I have on hand)
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ c vegan butter (I use original Earth Balance)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (I use 1/2 cup of brown 1/2 cup of regular)
- 3 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ c flour
- ½ c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ c walnuts, toasted and chopped (If wanted, or other nuts of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a 9″ loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together vegan milk and vinegar. Set aside for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream together vegan butter and sugar.
- Add bananas, vanilla, and milk mixture and beat.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flours, powder and soda, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet and beat just until all of the flour is moistened.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the loaf comes out mostly clean.
- Slide a knife around the outer edge of the loaf to ensure nothing is stuck.
- Cool 5-10 minutes in loaf pan, then flip loaf out onto a wire rack and cool fully
ENJOY! (Honestly, this is better then any other recipe – even with real butter/milk etc. It just tastes fresh and honest.